PSA To All Who Plan To Cook A Turkey This Year
Thanksgiving comes at least once a year and it is normally a stressful time for the cooks in your family. While most chefs are able to cook a tasty turkey every year, most people forget to download the latest firmware updates for the Turkey before running it through the build system. Many feel this process is intimidating and difficult but it is worth it for a moist and flavorful turkey. Here is a guide to update your turkey.
Failure to do so may result in uneven cooking or dry white meat.
The Latest Drivers and Firmware can be obtained from your Turkey Supplier’s website. You may follow the instructions below to upgrade your turkey to the latest release.
1) Thaw Turkey and Charge your turkey with your favorite seasonings.
2) Plug Turkey into a USB Port on your computer. Some newer Turkeys may have a Type C port underthe left drumstick while legacy turkeys will need a special probe adaptor. Please make sure you use a USB C cable that supports USB 3.1
3) Download the drivers (Note to #Butterball users, please use “Giblets 4.9″ rather than”Giblets 5.1” as there are some issues that need to be worked out. Please call the ButterballTurkey Talk-Line immediately if your Turkey goes into a bootloop or if the Turkey displays a “PTR – No Gravy” Error Message)
4) Run the installer that you downloaded and allow up to 10 minutes for the Turkey to upgrade.
5) Optional : If you wish to root your turkey, boot it into recovery by folding down the right wing and left drum sticks for 15 seconds. Connect the Turkey and run “sudo fastcluck oem unstuff” in a terminal. This may void your recipe.
6) Once complete install the Turkey Package into Oven 3.4, Deep Frier 2.2 or Smoker 4.7 and wait until delicious. Serves 4-10 people.