Challenge : 2 Weeks With An Apple iPad
As most of you know, I am a die hard Android Fanboy and use Ubuntu GNOME as my primary desktop operating system. I am often accused of being a bit overly critical of Apple products and people claim that I have never given them a fair chance. While I have my reasons for my distaste for Apple products, many tend to discredit me as I have not spent more then a few hours with one of their products. That changes TODAY
Disclaimer: This Page Has Been Archived
Please note that this blog post has been archived and may contain information that is outdated, defunct, or covers topics that are no longer of interest. It is being kept available solely for reference purposes, in case others might find portions of it useful.
For more recent and up-to-date tutorials, I recommend visiting KMyers.me or other websites that specialize in the topic you are interested in. It is always advisable to seek the most current information to ensure accuracy and relevance.
Over the next 2 weeks, I will be using an iPad Air with Rectal Display as my primary tablet as part of an experiment. I will be posting my experiences daily on this website including what Apple is doing right and what Apple is doing wrong. At the conclusion of the 2 week trial, I will post a lengthily findings post and determine what the fate of the iPad will be.
Throughout this trial, running from March 13th through March 27th, I will be following the rules below:
- The iPad will be my primary general purpose tablet for items such as e-mail and web browsing while away from my computer.
- If possible, I will refrain from using my Android Tablets unless one of the following conditions are true:
- I need to use an Application that I need to pay for again. It makes no sense to purchase an application a second time for use on the iPad that I have already purchased on Android.
- Games – I am sorry, but nothing beats the Nvidia Shield when it comes to games.
- I will use the full Apple Experience including Apple’s mail client and Siri when possible however will resort for Google Applications for items such as Music, Movies and Google Now.
- I am under no obligation to buy anything on the iPad
- I am under no obligation to install the virus known as iTunes.
- I must be honest with my findings, if Apple does indeed do something better then Android, I must point it out.
The Method of Torture
For this experiment, I will be using a 16 GB version of the iPad Air (2014). I will be using a Logitech Folio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard to protect the weapon and for use in meetings.