Intrinsic Infrastructure Knowledge
What Framework is used to build KMyers.me?
This website was built using MKDocs/MKDocs Material. I am a paying sponsor of the MKDocs Material Project which gives me access to the "Insiders" build so I can use the blog and other premium features.
How Is KMyers.me Hosted?
What is the Build and Deployment Process for KMyers.me?
As this website uses a static website generator rather than a dynamic platform such as WordPress, the process of adding new content to this website is a bit different from what most website owners go through to add, remove or update content.
This list goes through my normal process to modify my website
1) I will create a new markdown file that contains the text and basic formatting of the content I want to add to the website using Visual Studio Code or a standard text editor.
2) I generate a header image if this is for a blog post or a post that needs a new header image.
3) I add other images or files that may be needed for the specific post.
4) I run a custom script to optimize all images and convert the images to webp, which greatly reduces the image size and reduces page loading times while preserving the quality.
5) I do a spelling and grammar check of the content via The Language Tool.
6) I commit and push the changes to a git repository
7) Once a change is committed to the master git repository, an automated process is triggered that begins the build process (CI/CD). This process pulls in the latest mkdocs/mkdocs-material packages as dependencies before building the website via the mkdocs build command. This process takes around a minute to complete.
8) Upon a successful build, the static HTML content is deployed across CloudFlare's global network.