Thanksgiving comes at least once a year and it is normally a stressful time for the cooks in your family, especially in 2020 where you will likely need to serve your turkey over a Zoom conference call. While most chefs are able to cook a tasty turkey every year, most people forget to download the latest firmware updates for the Turkey before running it through the build system. Many feel this process is intimidating and difficult but it is worth it for a moist and flavorful turkey. Here is a guide to update your turkey with the latest 2020 firmware
The vendors of most turkeys advise that failure to do so may result in uneven cooking or dry white meat.
The Latest Drivers and Firmware can be obtained from your Turkey Supplier’s website and are normally available as a free download. You may follow the instructions below to upgrade your turkey to the latest release.
1) Thaw Turkey and Charge your turkey with your favorite seasonings. This upgrade can take a while so make sure you have plenty of Thyme set aside to finish the update.
2) Plug Turkey into a USB Port on your computer. Some newer Turkeys may have a Type C port under the left drumstick while legacy turkeys will need a special probe adapter. Please make sure you use a USB C cable that supports USB 3.1. If you are using a tofu or vegan turkey, please use the serial port located on the inside of the shipping container while discarding the fake turkey in the garbage can – the box likely has more flavor.
3) Download the drivers (Note to Butterball users, please use “Giblets 7.4″ rather than”Giblets 7.9” as there are some issues that need to be worked out. Please call the Butterball Turkey Talk-Line immediately if your Turkey goes into a bootloop or if the Turkey displays a “PTR25 – No Gravy” Error Message)
4) Run the installer that you downloaded and allow up to 10 minutes for the Turkey to upgrade. It is important that you allow the update to finish or your turkey may try to walk away.
5) Optional : If you wish to root your turkey, boot it into recovery by folding down the right wing and left drum sticks for 15 seconds. Connect the Turkey and run “sudo fastcluck oem unstuff” in a terminal. It is important to note that this may void your recipe.
6) Once complete install the Turkey Package into Oven 3.4, Deep Fryer 2.2 or Smoker 4.7 and wait until delicious. If you only wish to compile a turkey breast, you may use a air fryer 3.7. You may want to sideload the basting package. Serves 4-10 people.