Keith I Myers – 2016-02-03 11:00:31-0500 – Updated: 2016-02-03 11:00:31-0500Hey All,
I am reaching out to all of my followers for some #dashcam advice. I am looking for a new dash cam on Amazon and am a bit overwhelmed so I wanted some advice. Here are the features that are important to me.
1) Cost Effective – I do not want to spend a whole lot of money of this but I also dont want to buy something so cheap that it falls apart.
2) It needs to be discrete – I am not going for covert recording but I also dont want it to attract thieves in the parking lot. I want to keep it plugged in and ready.
3) It needs to support GPS Logging
4) It needs to support 32, 64 and 128 GB SD/MicroSD cards
5) I would like to be able to wire it into my car rather then plugging it into the cigarette lighter port on my car (those are in use for other things)
6) I would like it to be able to automatically start recording while the car is on
7) I would like it to be able to record at 480p – If other options such as 720p/1080p are there – that is fine but I want to be able to downscale recordings to conserve space on the SD Card
8) It DOES NOT need a screen – I dont plan to watch the videos on the unit, If I need to review it, I would just take the MicroSD card to a computer. It can have a screen but it is not a requirement
9) It SHOULD NOT record audio – If it does have a Mic, I need an option to turn it off – I want to record road conditions, not conversations in the car.
Shared with: Public+1’d by: Jaromír ŠírDavid Wille – 2016-02-03 13:31:05-0500Wirecutter is a good source ^^
I dont know anything about them :-/. If you have any Russian friends, I would talk to them. They are hugely popular there, almost everyone uses one.