Keith I Myers – 2015-02-26 08:57:00-0500 – Updated: 2015-02-26 08:57:00-0500I am TIRED of hearing news stories about how the Apple Watch will pose a major threat to Android Wear. These claims are laughable at best and a lie at worse. Lets look at the facts
1) The Apple Watch will only work with Apple iPhones. Android Smart Phones are outselling iPhones at a rate of 5 to 1. I honestly do not see a large number of users who would be willing to downgrade to iOS in order to purchase this watch.
2) Websites like +The Verge are very quick to bash the battery life of Android Wear Devices, even giving the Sony SmartWatch 3 an abysmal rating. Early reports show the Apple Watch getting less then 18 hours on a charge (assuming light use). The Sony SmartWatch 3 gets between 1-2 DAYS of moderate use.
3) Smart Watches in general have not taken the market by storm as expected. There are a lot of players in this space including Pebble and Android Wear. You cannot expect Apple to dethrone anyone with their first generation.
4) Early reports show that the Apple Watch is not expected to launch with the features demonstrated at Apple’s Announcement. Some news sites are reporting that many of the external sensors such will be removed due to hardware shortages and other software flaws.
5) People like a variety of choices – A great benefit to Android Wear Watches is that there are styles to suit anyone’s personal taste. Some may like the sophisticated look of the Moto 360, The Sporty look of the LG G Watch R or the Utilitarian Look of the Sony SmartWatch 3. There are other styles not included in this list but you get my point. The Apple Watch will have one design with your choice of colors and bands.
6) Although a lot has been speculated, we actually know quite little about the Apple Watch. Many news sites are taking the rumor of the day and building upon it rather then doing research to see if it is valid.
I am TIRED of hearing news stories about how the Apple Watch will pose a major threat to Android Wear. These claims are laughable at best and a lie at worse. Lets look at the facts———————————————————–1) The Apple Watch will only work with Apple iPhones. Android Smart Phones are outselling iPhones at a rate of 5 to 1. I honestly do not see a large number of users who would be willing to downgrade to iOS in
Shared with: Public, Keith I Myers, The Verge+1’d by: Joseph Cappellino, Bryan Foster, erwin for president 2016, Philip Wingfield, Josh Beach, Michael Moyer, Melinda Fawcett, Darko VršičReshared by: Darko VršičSøren Staun – 2015-02-26 09:21:56-0500 – Updated: 2015-02-26 09:22:25-0500Good write-up +Keith I Myers! I agree with your points here, and +The Verge has certainly shown themselves to be biased fruit fanbois so many times we’re no longer in doubt about their credibility.Dorian Sanchez – 2015-02-26 09:42:13-0500in terms of the apple watch being a major threat to Android wear at the moment…as stated, the first gen will not. Big let down that it will be launched with out the features that bring it up to snuff. You can expect that Apple’s regulars will get it just so they can say they have it. As a developer I wish they disclose more but Apple is Apple. I will still get it just to make apps on it and try it out.Morgan Tuohy – 2015-02-26 10:04:02-0500″ Pebble time – Can pebble survive in an Apple world? ” was the title of the verge’s review. (or something close).Aaron Honeycutt – 2015-02-26 14:36:18-0500 – Updated: 2015-02-26 14:36:35-05002. My LG G Watch has been getting 2 days of moderate use everytime.