Well, its official, I have had my Glass for a few weeks now. This means I have had it long enough to form an educated opinion. Needless to say that I am impressed with the technology and love my Glass. I just have a small wishlist that I wanted to throw out there.
1) A Chrome “MyGlass” Application that uses the Chrome Native Client. I spend most of my day at the office. I would love to be able to connect my Glass to my laptop over Bluetooth and have a bit more control over my glass then then current MyGlass website has. It would be nice to be able to view the screen of my glass in a browser or even manage my timeline from Chrome/ChromeOS.
2) Google Drive Storage – I have mentioned this before but it would be nice for Google to hook us up with some Google Drive Storage. They do this with ChromeBooks.
3) Battery, Battery, Battery – Although Google maintains that Glass can get a typical user through an entire day of use before it needs a charge, I doubt many of us are “Typical Users”. This is actually my own real complaint with Glass, other then that, I love them,
4) Accessory Shop – It would be nice if Google would open an accessory shop for Glass owners. There is something about the Glass charging brick that I love (I have never seen one so low profile). It would also be nice if they sold different cases that offer more protection. I have a feeling that this may eventually happen once Glass is available for purchase.
5) More Google Plus integration. I would love to see a bundle of cards (with no alerts) of all of the Google Plus posts that show up on the Google Plus homepage with the option to respond to posts. As it stands, I can only respond to public posts that I make and direct messages.
6) A Tiny Design Change to the Titanium band that wraps around Glass. It would likely make Glass a lot more durable if the band extended over the bridge connecting the battery compartment to the main housing.
7) Waterproofing – It would be nice if Glass was a sealed device wherever possible. I am tired of stowing my Glass in its case before heading out to my car when it is raining. Glass belongs on my face and I want to try to keep it there. Shared to the community Glass Explorers – Public+1’d by: Brad Kleinman, Samantha Myers, Erin McCann, Neal Stimler, Allen A, Collin Jasnoch, Omer Matityahu, Joel Graves, Chadwin Nissley, Josh Wilson, Jason KrugerReshared by: Brad KleinmanJeff Bond – 2013-07-17 10:41:27-0400great comments +Keith I Myers v Prof Dr Dr Angelo Troedhan – 2013-07-17 10:41:47-0400Thanks for the short report. I´m quite shure Google-folks will read this and work hard to fulfill wishes (as far current technology allows). I crave to be in Your situation, meaning: posting wishes would mean I already had glass(es) :-)), but Non-US are excluded from proto-testing ………….Josh Wilson – 2013-07-17 10:43:29-0400Very nice list. I hadn’t considered the chrome myglass app before. That would be very useful.Joel Graves – 2013-07-17 10:55:59-0400+Keith I Myers I’m 100% in agreement with you on all your points. Extending the titanium band is a great idea that shouldn’t necessitate a huge design change and fixes a serious weak point. Jason O’Grady – 2013-07-17 11:55:30-0400Regarding the titanium band comment: While I agree, extending the titanium band might necessitate a significant design change as that’s the side of the battery compartment that has the pop-off panel. I guess the panel could be moved to the inside though… Otherwise I’d like to second all the items in your review. Make sure that you post your comments on the Glass Explorer CommunityBrad Kleinman – 2013-07-17 23:23:38-0400Great points!Karl J. Smith – 2013-12-12 14:25:03-0500The accessory shop exists – I got a second charger and the earbuds at the Glass Store – https://glass.google.com/getglass