If you are a Ubuntu User in South Florida, please join us for the Ubuntu 16.04 release party that is scheduled to take place on April 3rd of 2016 at Topeekeegee Yugneepark Park (Meetup Link). Admission is free but small donations for food will help. Join us for fun, food and I am going to toss a pretty sweet prize into the mix – an Intel Compute Stick with Ubuntu pre-installed. Read below for more details on the Compute Stick and how to qualify –
The Ubuntu Compute Stick has the following specifications
- Operating System: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit – Which can of course be upgraded to Ubuntu 16.04
- Intel Atom Z3735F 1.33 – 1.83 GHz Quad Core Processor; Intel HD Graphics 311 – 646 MHz
- 1GB DDR3L-L-RS Memory
- 8GB eMMC built-in storage – Expandable via MicroSD card
- 802.11bgn WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0
- Dimensions: 103.4mm x 37.6mm x 12.5mm, 4.07″ x 1.48″ x 0.49″ (in inches)
- Powered via a MicroUSB port
- New in box
In order to qualify, you must do the following:
- RSVP for the Event via the South Florida Ubuntu Meetup Page
- Follow the Ubuntu Florida Ubuntu Loco team on at least one Social Network or be a member of the Mailing List
- Follow me on at lease one Social Media Network and re-share this blog post with your following.
- Attend the event and have fun – the prize will be given out to one lucky attendee via a raffle at the event so you MUST be present to win.
If you are having issues with transportation and wish to attend, please reach out to me via the contact page on my site and I will try to help you out. See you all there and good luck!