ChromiumOS for the GPD Pocket R84-13054.0 Released – Major Update
Attention all ChromiumOS for GPD Pocket Users. There is a new update that is currently rolling out. This update has been in the works for a few months and brings countless new features to GPD Pocket Owners. I have been running this build on my personal devices for a few weeks and am very happy with the stability and performance of this new build.
Disclaimer: This Page Has Been Archived
Please note that this blog post has been archived and may contain information that is outdated, defunct, or covers topics that are no longer of interest. It is being kept available solely for reference purposes, in case others might find portions of it useful.
For more recent and up-to-date tutorials, I recommend visiting KMyers.me or other websites that specialize in the topic you are interested in. It is always advisable to seek the most current information to ensure accuracy and relevance.
On a bad note, this build does require a re-install of ChromiumOS on the GPD Pocket.
GPD Pocket 1 and 2
- AUTOMATIC Screen Rotation – No need to rotate your GPD pocket to perform the initial setup. This rotation extends to the TTY Terminals, Boot Screen and Grub Bootloader. Thanks to the hard work from Hans De Goede for his hard work with this.
- Updated Installer to simplify the setup as you no longer need to specify the “dst”
- Debian 10 default on Crostini
- Sound, WiFi and Bluetooth all work out of the box
- Video Out over Type C on the GPD Pocket 2
If you want to install this on your GPD Pocket 1 orGPD Pocket 2, please visit the following page for downloads and instructions https://kmyers.me/chromiumos/chromiumos-for-the-gpd-pocket-2/chromiumos-for-the-gpd-pocket-2-installation-instructions/